Monday, June 18, 2007

Bak Chang

I visit my mother-in law's this morning,to have breakfast.She insisted that I should try her hand made Hakka's ''Bak Chang".It is not my favourite,in order to 'please' her I was 'forced' to take one.Please don't tell her.She doesn't read my blog.:D:D:D
My in law's "Bak Chang" are famous around town.All the above are pre ordered.No wonder my wife always complain of her tired hand after visiting her mom this few days.
This ''Bak Chang'' that I took as breakfast make me skip lunch.The glutinous rice really slow down my digestion.


3 comments:

Selba said...

I like bacang, especially the cantonese one which got salty egg yolk, pork and ... can't remember what kind of nut inside it.

Your mother in laws bacang must be really yummy.... It's just so amazing how people can wrap the glutinous rice into those leaves.

aawilliam said...

Selba,their skill are fanstatic,past down from mother to daughter's,family's heirloon.I
heard they could wrap one bak chang
in less then 30 seconds.

Selba said...

Wow... wrap in less then 30 seconds??? I need to learn it! hehehe...